Same-Day Care for Your Smile
Emergency Dentistry in Wilmington
We always have room in our schedule for same-day appointments. If possible, we ask that you give us a call at (910) 240-4797 to let us know when you’ll be coming in, so we can assess your situation over the phone and prepare for your visit. However, if you are experiencing a serious emergency and don't have time to call ahead, don’t hesitate to come directly to our office at 8115 Market Street, Suite 204, Wilmington, NC 28411. We’ll do our best to see you as soon as we can!
what is a Dental Emergency?
As a general rule, a dental emergency is any issue that is causing you pain that you cannot treat on your own. If your condition meets these two criteria, it’s considered an emergency and you should schedule an emergency appointment right away. Dental emergencies include obvious oral injuries like a knocked-out (avulsed) tooth, an impacted tooth (one that has been driven back into its socket), or cracked/chipped teeth. However, pulled-out or damaged dental work and persistent toothaches are also dental emergencies. Still not sure if you’re experiencing an emergency? It’s better to be safe than sorry. Call us now or come in for an appointment.
What to Do in an Emergency
- Call our office to let us know that you’re coming in for an emergency appointment.
- Recover your tooth or missing dental work, if possible. Rinse it with warm water, then replace the tooth in the socket or put it in a container of cold milk. Don't touch the tooth root!
- Dental work that has fallen out should be placed in a plastic container or bag and brought to your appointment.
- Treat any bleeding with clean cotton balls or gauze. Most bleeding should subside in an hour or so.
- Over-the-counter pain medication like naproxen (Aleve) and acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help with pain and swelling. You can also use external ice packs to help mitigate swelling, pain, and discomfort.
- Once you’ve followed these steps, come into our office as soon as you can for your appointment and to get professional treatment.